Better Late Than Never ...

A few weeks ago I was down in California visiting some family for the week when I get a call from a fellow pageant sister who is attending a charity dinner for SPCA & would I be interested in helping to give out prizes - one was a trip for two to Alaska. They thought it would be "neat" to have an Alaskan Queen give it away. Of course I said I would - any excuse to go shopping for a gown & to promote not just my beautiful state, but my platform as well!

So I get down there & realize I dont' have my camera (fellow pageant sisters from the state were at the doors) & since I wasn't planning to be there, I didn't have banner or crown. It really touched my heart that regardless of being a different state, a different program, and minus a crown/banner, these were some of the sweetest & funniest people to be around! So many people attach a neagtive spin on the whole pageant system & I think that is truely a shame! The girls I was with were mostly local title holders from the Miss Universe Organization, as well as a few of the older girls from the National Teenager System.

At any rate, it was a wonderful night & while the pictures from the girls are slowly getting to me, I did manage to get a picture with the gentleman who was the highest bidder for the Alaska tickets! He says he is going to bring his wife up during the Fur Rondezvous celebration that I was telling him about! How cool is that???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting In Temecula

Miss Fur Rondy Pageant